The Accountant position is responsible for assisting the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization, accounts payable and accounts receivables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to accounting software and regularly reconciling accounts.
- Examine accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Review records of accounts and input entries into proper accounts.
- Develop and implement proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Pay bills as they come due for payment.
- Obtain necessary tax forms from new vendors.
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy.
- Make deposits and record all cash receipts.
- Provide administrative support to management when required.
- Create forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
Financial Management, A/R, A/P
Proficiency in Quickbooks
Ethical Conduct and collaboration skills
Attention to Detail
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and general media platforms.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some typing and electronic filing is required. This would require the ability to type, sit, bend or stand while staying focused as necessary.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience.
Three to four years of accounting data entry experience.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to complete I-9 verification and pass criminal background check
Coastal Dispensary LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by nondiscrimination policy.
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references.