The Accounting Manager will plan and direct the accounting activities of the department. This position will oversee and be responsible for the operational aspects of the accounting function. The role has the benefit of an exciting, rapidly growing company with the opportunity to wear many hats and the opportunity to make a difference.
- Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation.
- Supervision and oversight of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash and inventory costing
- Recruits and hires accounting and financial staff and conducts performance evaluations.
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Managing the general ledger, including hands on work with journal entries, reconciliations, account analysis as well as the design, implementation and maintenance of ERP system.
- Management of multiple General Ledgers and financial books for subsidiary companies, intra-company entries, etc.
- Manage the monthly close process.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports and related variance analysis; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Business process design with considerations for solid accounting controls; additionally, a solid, logical working knowledge of master data design and the ability to understand the systems aspect and capability is necessary
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Experience and Education
- Degree in accounting or Business Administration
- 5+ years in operational accounting (AP, AR, Cash Apps, Inventory, Assets), financial reporting, general ledger management
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
- Supervisory experience over an operational team
- Strong understanding of meta data and the ability to reconcile, analyze and draw conclusions from it
- Advanced skills in Excel, Quickbooks and mainstream accounting / ERP systems.
- Attention to detail, timelines, logic and system skills are required for this position.
- Ability to manage across boundaries, influence decision makers, work to gain acceptance as well as adhere to policies and controls
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Coastal Dispensary, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by nondiscrimination policy.
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references.
Job Type: Full-time