Assistant store manager
Assist Retail Manager in all managerial duties and responsibilities. This is a training position, and the assistant should be able to perform tasks to advance, including supervise the daily operations of the dispensary including, but not limited to the following duties: knowledge of and compliance with laws, ordering, sales, cash handling processes, financial reporting, inventory management, customer service, regulatory compliance, customer communication and education education, and customer information management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Retail Manager and serve as secondary point of contact in stores.
- Assist Retail Manager in achieving short-term and long-term business, marketing, and sales goals/objectives.
- Provide support and serve as witness to Retail Manager’s duty to reward and discipline team members.
- Assist Retail Manager with support for State reporting, paperwork, and state tracking system recording.
- Assist with ensuring daily compliance with company policies, including but not limited to the following: state/local regulation compliance, security protocols, access protocols, dress code, and work schedules.
- Assist State and Local Government Auditors and Law Enforcement with inventory, sales, and compliance audits when Retail Manager is not present.
- Comply with company cash handling policies and perform verification for Retail Manager’s daily cash management responsibilities as outlined in the company’s policy; ensure cash is accurately counted and recorded.
- Maintain a culture of high-quality customer service, customer communication and customer service issue/complaint resolution.
- Execute customer service and quality surveys as assigned by management.
- Support in training all employees on policies, process, procedures, and roles.
- Attend and participate in manager meetings and engage in ongoing education and professional development, as well as other pertinent meetings
- Contribute to team environment and company advancement in agreement with the strategic direction set by management.
- Daily correspondence via email with the Retail Manager and Staff as needed
- Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosure
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Responsible for assisting with facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary including proper upkeep of phone, utilities, technology, maintenance, repairs, stock, and supplies
- Attendance of posted, scheduled hours is required at the store locations; however, additional availability outside of that schedule is also required (e.g. meetings, deliveries).
- Physical duties may be required including but not limited to the following: lifting and moving boxes, inventory, and/or equipment.
- Supervise all dispensary operations and procedures during hours of operation if the Retail Manager is not present.
- Ensure scheduling needs are satisfied; adjust and accommodate scheduling changes when Team Members need shifts covered when Retail Manager is not present.
- Oversee Opening/Closing Procedures on a daily basis.
- Assist Retail Manager to ensure that all operations of the store run smoothly.
- Assist Retail Manager to ensure team members are trained, accountable and performing to expectations
- Other duties assigned
- Regular attendance
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in roles of exceptional leadership, management, communication, and training skills in a customer-centric sales environment
- Previous management experience required
- Must be able to obtain State approved credentials and pass criminal background check
- Must have reliable transportation
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Good planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff
- Working knowledge of Medical and/or Retail Cannabis
- Knowledge of Local, State, and Federal Laws and Regulations pertaining to Medical and/or Retail Cannabis
- Weave POS platform experience preferred