Facilities Manager- Distribution
The Facilities Manager of Distribution will be responsible for the overall management of daily distribution operations and logistics. Tasks include, but are not limited to, inventory control, product storage/rotation, working with wholesale vendors, lab testing compliance, order fulfillment and delivery/transportation management. This position is responsible for implementing all internal processes and procedures while ensuring the operation stays compliant and meets all city, state and federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily operations: Identify and implement productivity opportunities in operations, logistics and warehouse footprint.
- Drive productivity by setting daily, weekly and long-term goals for the team.
- Oversee all fleet performance and vehicle maintenance, fuel consumption and fuel costs, driver management, asset utilization, route planning, and the implementation of any programs that increase company productivity and decrease instances of waste.
- Implement schedule delivery system to maximum distribution output and efficacy.
- Measure, track and report inventory accuracy, perfect order accuracy, and deliver performance.
- Lead and develop employees to meet/exceed business goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and process all client shipments with a focus on response time and accuracy.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required with internal and cross functional teams.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of warehouse layouts, processes, procedures and daily workflow
- Support, develop and manage work instructions, documentation and corrective action plans as part of a continuous improvement model.
- Manage all warehouse project activity and enhance operational performance efficiency.
- Automation: implement process improvement techniques and expansion/relocation.
- Create ROI and cost-benefit analysis for the implementation of initiatives and expenditures to improve processes.
- Lead/Manage/Source suppliers and contractor for on-going operations.
- Maintain customer base while growing operations in new markets.
- Establish new business contacts and relationships to grow business.
- Establish and maintain a teamwork environment.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a warehouse supply chain logistics or distribution.
- Cannabis knowledge and industry experience- strong understanding of quality products and pricing.
- Experience overseeing diverse teams of hourly Associates.
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Five to ten years of progressive management experience in a distribution center.
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies & procedures clearly.
- Strong computer skills including Windows/MS Office (Word & Excel), Inventory Management, Order Management, Compliance and Reporting Software.
- The ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Efficient planning, prioritization and implementation of detailed instructions.
- Periodic overnight travel is required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Duties may frequently involve the use of ladders and stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended period of time at a desk.
- Ability to work on computer for extended period of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands frequently.
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb occasionally.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures.
Some travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Higher education degree related to business management preferred, but not required.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to complete I-9 and pass criminal background check.
Other duties as assigned.