The Manufacturing Tech/Specialist role is responsible for product manufacturing operations and processes up through inventory generation of finished goods. They handle materials related to consumer good manufacturing processes, including but not limited to formulation operations, product manufacturing and packaging processes, and all documentation relevant to manufacturing operations. They work closely with the General Manager and ensure operations are executing according to the Quality Assurance Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages manufacturing schedules and equipment needs, expediting goods on prioritized stock generations.
- Provides weekly reports to General Manager on turnaround time, just in time delivery system, downtime, and production efficiencies.
- Supervises personnel related to manufacturing department to ensure productivity, safety, compliance, and positive company culture.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service when needed.
- Maintain inventory of finished goods, generates reports of inventory aging where appropriate.
- Oversees work orders for processing and manufacturing departments based on desired inventory levels.
- Produces products to consistent standards and quality, dictated by quality assurance program and consistent with company goals.
- Upholds inventory of consumables and ingredients for production, submitting purchase requests when applicable.
- Assists in compliant packaging and labeling of products according to strict regulatory requirements, working directly with the QA/QC specialist.
- Ensures that all activities are performed safely and in strict accordance with company guidelines; maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains legible and complete records of all manufacturing production batches.
- Collects all hazardous/non-hazardous waste generated by production processes and transfers to appropriate collection areas.
- 2+ years in a production, operations, or manufacturing role (or similar experience).
- 2+ years of direct supervisory experience of team of 3 or more individuals.
- BS/BA Degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsive problem solver and action oriented.
- Strong team mentality.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organized.
- Must pass an extensive background security check and must be able to obtain a local authority badge – prior to or at the time of hire.
- Possesses a proud work-ethic and enthusiasm to help grow the company culture.
- Experience in product development and manufacturing operations recommended.
- Proficient using Microsoft office applications and ERP applications.
- Experience with ISO quality, safety systems, or similar certification process a plus.