Productions Operations Tech/Specialist
The Production Operations Tech/Specialist role is responsible for processing scheduling and meeting operational needs for concentrates. They handle material receiving through extract production, including but not limited to extraction operations, purification process, and all documentation relevant to processing operations. They work closely with the General Manager and ensure operations are executing according to the Quality Assurance Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage extraction schedules and equipment needs, communicating the scheduled production to the General Manager (GM) and other departments.
- Supervises personnel related to processing department to ensure productivity, safety, compliance, and positive company culture.
- Ensures operations are functional. This includes making sure equipment maintenance is scheduled and performed, inventories are properly managed, and downtime is minimized.
- Handles supply inventory relevant to extraction, purification and production processes; manages all materials generated throughout production.
- Operates the primary extraction process; performs maintenance on high-pressure extractors and support equipment; responsible for startup and shutdown processes of production.
- Performs multi-step product purification processes.
- Creates concentrate products with precisely tailored characteristics for final product manufacturing.
- Works with quality control and assurance testing personnel to ensure compliance and timely sample analysis.
- Keeps laboratory clean by collecting, disposing of, and logging all hazardous and non-hazardous waste; cleaning of all processing equipment and the manufacturing facility; maintenance of glassware cleaning process.
- Ensures that all activities are performed safely and in strict accordance with company guidelines; maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains legible and complete records of all manufacturing production batches.
- Collects all hazardous/non-hazardous waste generated by production processes and transfers to appropriate collection areas.
- 2+ years in a production, operations, or manufacturing role (or similar experience).
- 2+ years of direct supervisory experience of team of 3 or more individuals.
- BS/BA Degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsive problem solver and action oriented.
- Strong team mentality.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organized.
- Must pass an extensive background security check and must be able to obtain a local authority badge – prior to or at the time of hire.
- Possesses a proud work-ethic and enthusiasm to help grow the company culture.
- Experience in product development and manufacturing operations recommended.
- Proficient using Microsoft office applications and ERP applications.
- Experience with ISO quality, safety systems, or similar certification process a plus.