Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, greeting customers, have a thorough understanding of dispensary offerings, cannabis knowledge and regulatory compliance, as well as additional administrative duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and check customers in using industry POS system while adhering strictly to compliance rules and regulations around ID verification and documents required for check-in
- Demonstrates consistent exceptional customer service skills and professional phone etiquette
- Answer phone calls and customer inquiries with extreme professionalism
- Escort customers to the appropriate room in an orderly fashion
- Manage and record the inflow and outflow of people entering and exiting retail location
- Maintains security by following procedures; maintaining visitor/delivery logs; issuing visitor badges, manage authorization as needed for visitors/contractors
- Monitor security cameras
- Generates reports as necessary including, but limited to: weekly updates of customer volume, new customers, repeat customers, weekly sales volume, and percent sales volume of new vs. repeat customers, etc.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail.
- Maintains and routes publications
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating
- Other office support and customer service related activities as assigned by management
- Ensures menus are updated and printed daily
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment and upkeep of lobby and reception area.
- Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosure
- Regular attendance is expected and is considered an essential function; as it is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Assist in the ordering, scheduling and planning of events and lunches
- Must exhibit competency in basic organizational, tracking, and communication skills
- Must be able to work well independently, as well as with others
- Maintains a positive attitude and fosters a positive work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- The incumbent must possess, or have the ability to obtain a State approved license and background check and be over the age of 21.
- High School Education or GED; Associates Degree preferred.
- 2 years of administrative experience; 4 years related experience preferred.
- General product knowledge.
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer and mathematical skills
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- While performing the duties of this job, must be able to regularly reach, grasp, bend, stand, walk, sit, talk, and listen.
- May occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds as it relates to the office environment.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus
- Weave POS platform experience preferred